Despite my ego’s criticism of the formulaic predictability of reviewing the last twelve months as this year draws to a rainy, grey close, I am going to put down my highlights of the last twelve months anyway. Just because a lot of people are doing it, doesn’t make it any less sacred or important for me to do, too.
So, here is my year…
- Married beautiful Nige, and planned our wedding in 37 days.
- Honeymooned in Italy – beautiful. Those 7am swims were glorious.
- Choreographed Acorn Antiques for Henfield Theatre Company. I stuck with it even when I really didn’t want to.
- Rode two sportives on my bike.
- Rode my first ever 20% climb in Surrey.
- Set a PB on Botolphs.
- Supported Nige in his sportives, and cheered Claire along on her amazing 10k run.
- Worked all year as an English teacher, meeting so many incredible people who touched my heart.
- Worked privately with English clients.
- Started Learn English with Elloa on Facebook, on this blog and via my newsletter.
- Edited and published 5 editions of The Ripple, Clearmind’s quarterly magazine.
- Edited and published Graham’s book, How to be a Productivity Ninja, which got to number one on Amazon and got lots of 5 star reviews.
Went to Prague, Vienna, Rimine, Berlin, and of course Liverpool 😉
- Assisted an Awakening workshop. Life-changing.
- Stayed connected with Nige throughout the year, getting to know him more, and letting him know me.
- Strengthened my friendships with Lian, Liz, Helene and Anna – love you girls.
- Started writing a workshop with Nige. (Interested? Email me!)
- Rode 1,500 miles on my bike.
- Trained really well in the first quarter of the year.
- Started my diploma in teaching.
- Applied and was accepted to speak at the IATEFL conference in April.
- Decided to do Drawing Down the Moon workshop, committed and paid.
- Decided to do Prac and committed by putting it ‘out there’.
- Started Style Coaching with Kim and have made huge progress (watch this space for the next installment!).
- Had lots of fun dates with Nige including Pulborough Brooks nature reserve, tea rooms, Nandos, cinema trips, beach walks, amateur theatre, butterfly house and lots of lovely meals out.
- Went to Kiara’s birthday party and saw her again at the mind body spirit festival in Brighton.
- Meditated every day for the last 5 or six weeks.
- Did ACIM lessons 1-29 every day for the last 29 days.
- Spoke to my maternal Granny for the first time in years, went to my Grandma’s 80th birthday party, and finally had that meal with Nige and Julie.
- Had Sage to stay in January.
- Roadied for Nige over Christmas.
- Edited Kick Ass Fridays for Nige and put his website together.
- Siblings met each other for the first time ever. Wow!
- Didn’t save any money.
- Put weight on towards the end of the year.
- Re-allowed sugar into my life.
- Didn’t see as much of my family as I’d have liked to.
- Didn’t see my friends enough.
- Jema and Rebecca… miss you both.
Looking ahead… What is 2013 for?
- TRUST. Trusting that Spirit’s got my back, that things are unfolding perfectly.
- Spiritual practice is non-negotiable. Daily meditation is to be as much as part of my life as breakfast and breathing.
That’s it for me in terms of intentions. I am keeping it really simple. I want God to be at the centre of my life. I may do a 10 day Vipassana silent meditation; I may not. I may write a book; I may not. I may blog; I may not. But one thing I am committing to is walking my path with God, Love and remembering the truth at the forefront of my consciousness.
What about you, dear one – how has your year been?
And what are you taking into 2013?
Love you. Thank you for being you.